Above the last five a long time, Oakland University’s School of Business Administration has advanced from a smaller liberal arts small business software in the Higher education of Arts and Sciences to a Division of Economics and Company Administration to an AACSB-accredited company faculty presenting undergraduate and graduate business enterprise levels.
“Imbued with the pioneering spirit of our founders, the Oakland University University of Small business Administration is acknowledged for producing transformational encounters for our pupils, our associates and our group,” explained Dr. Michael A. Mazzeo, dean and professor of finance at Oakland’s University of Small business Administration.
“Through the speedy expansion and consistent transform of the last 50 several years, we have remained focused on what matters: guaranteeing business college students and businesses have the awareness and expertise to triumph and direct.”
The School of Enterprise Administration has seasoned great progress in its track record in the enterprise and exploration neighborhood above the previous 50 a long time, thanks to the get the job done of its specialist college users and the achievements of its graduates in the function planet.
“With a finger on the pulse of rising industry requires, the College of Organization Administration blazes trails introducing exclusive applications and ordeals that prepare organization graduates with slicing-edge expertise ahead of industry need,” Mazzeo reported. “This entrepreneurial mentality coupled with strategic comprehension and the skill to translate principles into action indicates the OU Faculty of Business enterprise Administration is positioned to go on providing high-quality packages and fantastic graduates to an evolving global marketplace.”
Some highlights of the earlier five decades include things like:
• 1969: The Section of Economics and Business Administration at Oakland College transforms into the School of Economics and Administration, featuring a B.S. in Management, together with courses and majors in accounting, finance, marketing, human means management and management facts techniques.
• 1971: Initial master’s program in business enterprise termed the Master of Science in Administration commences.
• 1980: Grasp of Science in Administration evolves into the MBA.
• 1986: Board of Trustees approves University of Business enterprise Administration as new title.
• 1988: Earns prestigious accreditation of its undergraduate company and accounting programs from AACSB-Global.
• 1999: Initially Executive MBA cohort begins classes.
• 2000: Moves into Elliott Hall, which is named for Nancy and R. Hugh Elliott.
• 2007: Achieve and Company Scholars systems for undergraduate business enterprise learners launches.
• 2010: Stinson Student Progression Center, which gives a one particular-end place providing college student expert services, conference and lounging regions, opens.
• 2011: The Tim and Marsha Healy Café opens, serving Elliott Hall site visitors a assortment of new foods goods and Starbucks products.
• 2011: Concepts 2 Company program commences.
• 2015: $2 million College student Managed Investment Fund, run by The Kresge Basis, in new Facts Analytics and Trading Floor Lab welcomes initial college students.
• 2019: Very first Small business Honors cohort enrolls.
“On the shoulders of individuals who came ahead of us, including our dedicated friends, faculty, employees, college students, alumni and supporters, the OU Faculty of Business Administration is poised to triumph for generations to arrive,” Mazzeo stated.
The OU Faculty of Business Administration will commemorate its golden anniversary on Saturday, May 21 at the 50th Golden Gala Celebration, offered by the Elliott Basis, at the Royal Park Hotel, and at the Celebratory Brunch on Sunday, May well 22 at the Oakland Heart.
For more information and facts about the celebration, take a look at https://www.oakland.edu/company/alumni-buddies/anniversary.